Wanted: German-speaking Content Editor (Redakteur)
We are looking for a German-speaking content editor to join our team. Do you live in the Netherlands, do you have solid writing and proofing skills in German and are you interested in anything and everything related to pregnancies and babies? Then this might be the job for you! Applications close on May 14.
About the role
24Baby.nl is one of the largest online platforms in the Netherlands with information for parents and parents to be. The next step in 24Baby’s long line of growth is to expand internationally: 24Schwanger.de (we just started!). We are therefore looking for a German-speaking content editor who will help us write articles for our newly found German audience. You will also help set up and maintain our other (new) German communication channels, including our newsletters and social media.
This is a great opportunity to join the 24Baby team during an exciting time of growth, as we cross the border to Germany. It will be a compelling experience for anyone wanting to develop a new website from the ground up, but with the support and benefits of a solid reputation and an established team to help it grow.
The most important responsibilities include:
- Writing, proofing and publishing qualitative articles in German. This includes translating existing articles as well as writing new articles based on relevant topics and thorough research.
- You will help build a social media community in Germany from the ground up. This includes Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You will generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily, based on our articles. You will also assist with setting up the weekly newsletters sent to our subscribers.
- You will be our eyes and ears in the German market, helping us uncover new trends, opportunities and audiences to help our presence and reputation grow.
Who are we looking for?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be pregnant or be a parent to work at 24Baby. It does of course help if you are interested in and/or familiar with topics about pregnancy and babies. Additionally, we are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- You are a German native speaker.
- You have solid writing skills and are keen to write informative articles on a daily basis.
- You enjoy working meticulously and thoroughly. You prefer writing one perfect article over multiple articles a day.
- You are proactive, self-motivated and confident in working on your own deadlines.
- You are a team player, who enjoys combining hard work with an enjoyable and energetic work environment.
- You live relatively close to Leiden (NL), where our head office is located.
- You are available either 32 or 40 hours per week.
Who are we?
24Baby.nl is an online platform where every (future) parent can find helpful information about pregnancies and babies. Have a look on our website; you’ll undoubtedly find a boundless number of informative articles, ranging from the first pregnancy test to the terrible twos. We aim to contribute to healthy pregnancies, happy babies and confident parents by sharing trustworthy and reliable information.
Our website attracts over 1.7 million visitors each month. These are predominantly women who are trying to get pregnant or who are pregnant, and parents with a baby and/or toddler. Approximately 11 million webpages are visited each month and we reach over 160,000 newsletter subscribers. Although we are new to the German market and we will therefore have to start from scratch, our aim is to quickly grow towards these numbers in Germany as well. The content you make therefore has the potential to reach a large audience!
Our office is located in Leiden (Middelstegracht 89v), only about a 10-minute bike ride from the train station.
What do we offer?
24Baby is a small yet fast-growing and dynamic organisation. This creates an opportunity for you to grow with us! You will learn a lot about writing for online platforms, how to successfully implement social media strategies and everything that comes with the role of online content editor. Because we are a small team, you will receive a sufficient amount of responsibility from the get-go. Not only that, but there are also plenty of possibilities for you to help us define the future of 24Baby.
This position is available for 32 or 40 hours per week. We will initially offer you a contract for 7 months, which will most likely be extended. Salary indication: €2.200 based on 40 hours.
Would you like to join our team and help us set foot in the German market? Then please send your application in German via email to Christina Mundt (email@example.com) before May 14. We don’t expect you to write a lengthy cover letter, we are just as happy with a casual, enthusiastic email that shows us who you are and what you are capable of. Just don’t forget to add your resume! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We hope to hear from you soon!